We will be able to support a limited number of PhD students/Postdocs for the meeting. Requests for support are pending at several agencies, so we anticipate granting a limited number of travel awards and partial reimbursement of the hotel costs to off-set the cost of attending this meeting. We cannot give out money until after you attend the meeting and give us the receipts. Priority will be given to those that are first authors on abstracts. Moreover, PhD students/Postdocs who are in those groups traditionally underrepresented in science (women, members of ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities) are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications must include:
1. One- to two-page CV that includes your name, address, and email address, educational and research background, honors and awards, and publications.
2. Brief summary of current research interests and interest in attending this meeting.
3. Explanation of financial need.
4. Statement describing your inclusion in a group under-represented in science, if applicable.
5. A letter from your current advisor (if applicable) that addresses your scientific contributions and financial need (emailed separately).
6. Submitted abstract.
Please send your application to Chlamy2012@uni-jena.de till April 30, 2012.